Friday, May 21, 2010

Struggle with Weight

Weight has always been an issue for me since I've been a really really big girl most of my life. I had no way of controlling my eating habits as I took pleasure in anything edible. It was my lack of control that lead me to such body and such weight, which indubitably caused obesity and total insecurity.


(First Two Pics: Theme parks in the US; Third Pic: December 2006, NYC; Fourth Picture: August 2008)

I linked such massive pain in this situation that I got so tired of the pity I brought upon my self. I decided to turn my world around by the realization that security can only be accomplished if I improve myself daily, and better the caliber of my person hood. If I had wanted to do that, then I should definitely start with my body.

Lucky enough, my mom had enrolled me in Slimmers several years ago (which I had never used) until that very moment. So, I got up and constantly went to the gym.

One day, one of the Slimmers World trainers came up to me and asked me to join a competition called Mr. and Miss Slimmers World (2008). It was to my astonishment that someone would ask me to join the pageant. I had low self esteem and I thought that I am not good enough to join such a pageant. From August 2008 (Picture above), I wasn't so sure if I could shed all the pounds so easily. After all, the competition was November of the same year.

SWI, Trafalgar Branch (the branch I represented) offered Free training and treatments. And so, I thought, what have I got to lose? Might as well give it a try.

Training began and it was absolutely difficult as I carried heavy, heavy weights. The more difficult part is I was on a strict diet. My nutrition from food was very little so I had supplements to keep me going.

After months of training and with all efforts, I had finally accomplished the body that I wanted. Sad enough I didn't win that year.


Mr. and Ms. Slimmers World 2008, Representing SWI Trafalgar

The battle wasn't over for me and so I joined Mr. and Miss Great Bodies 2009. VICTORY!!



Great Bodies 2009, Representing SWI Pasay Road

Extremely and most ardently elated, I am absolutely excited about living my life. I've come a long way!!! There is no stopping now!!! :D

With Dear Friends and Family

No comments: